Monday, February 8, 2010

Galactic Bowling

aka BOWLING IN SPAAAAAACE.



Finally, my hobby and my job have come together in a big colorful mess. On Saturday nights, the bowling alley I work at does that thing where you put on black lights and play party music. Pretty much every alley has their version of this. Ours is called "Galactic Bowling." For the image, I took the patterns on the carpet and the panels above the pin deck as a reference.

The real reason I did this was to do a more in depth Illustrator ...uh ...illustration. I usually don't do these unless I'm getting a grade for it, as I prefer Photoshop, but I've been getting a lot better at it thanks to the lynda.com lessons. Now that I'm more familiar with it, I figure I'll start doing Illustrator stuff more often.

The rainbow lane is kinda wonky, as I had to constantly adjust the curves to make it fit in the letterbox frame and make the blend of the colors look okay. I love the way the ball and pins came out though. In fact, I loved them so much, I saved them on their own:

No comments: