Monday, April 25, 2011

Comic Book Cover Character Color Progress aka Oh God, Not This Crap Again

Yaaay...



Well, I haven't found a new job yet, but I'm still gonna go back to drawing everyday, which means continuing this thing. I'm getting rather tired of it, and some of the muscle placement is still really wonky, but I'd hate just leaving it alone even more. I treat my drawings like leftovers in the fridge. Even if I don't like it, I have to finish it cuz I don't want it to sit there and rot.

Anyway, I've got the base colors down for the characters, and it's a lot brighter than what comics usually do nowadays. I guess at the end I can always mute it a bit, but maybe I'll like the more saturated look.

I've also looked at a few comic coloring tutorials to see how they do light and shadow, and it's sort of a mix between cel shading and the more gradient rendering that I like to do with bigger pieces. So we'll see my attempt at that. Betcha' can't wait! I sure can!

No comments: