Thursday, January 1, 2009

Their Hands Were EVERYWHERE

Insert joke here.



This is my second painting from this past semester, and is, in my opinion at least, much more interesting than the first, thanks to having more time to work on it and the feedback from the critique. My teacher, Peter Williams, the best painting teacher period, told me to try not to rely on text and such an obvious message. So in this one, I tried to make an interesting composition with no meaning whatsoever. Are the hands ripping me apart or putting me together? Are the black arms supposed to imply that the hands belong to Mickey Mouse, thus being a metaphor for my obsession with Disney? I don't know, nor do I care. If you have theories on this painting's message, you're trying too hard.

Here are some detail shots. Just cuz you're so special.



No comments: