Monday, June 14, 2010

Scary School

All done.



I guess I'm finished. I was just sitting there lookin' at it toward the end wondering if there was anything else I needed to do with it. With the comics, I finish the last panel and BOOM, I'm done. But with more artsy stuff like this, it's tough to figure out when to call it quits.

What I did was add reflections and shadows on the floor. I thought I could be clever by just duplicating the characters and then use Free Transform to flip them and create a mirror image on the floor and then use Gaussian Blur and lower the opacity to make it blurry, but that didn't look right since the point of view is too high. If the "camera" was closer to the ground, that might have worked. So in the end, I just painted it by hand.

I also added a little more detail to the floor in general, made it a tad darker, and gave it a slight blue colorcast. Cool colors are usually better suited for creepy stuff than warm colors.

So, uh, go celebrate, and stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's 100% AWESOME!!

(I especially like the monster at the ceiling with its glowing eyes xD )

Mayu