Monday, May 9, 2011

Comic Book Cover

FINALLY!



Well, that took forever. I started this project because I wanted to practice drawing muscular, super hero type figures, as I'm not very good at muscle placement. I do believe that I'm better at it after doing this project than I was before, but it I'm still a bit off. And I didn't want it to take this long either, but quitting one job and looking for another took away some of my free time that I would have used to work on this.

I remember talking about before how I, like actual comic artists, left about two inches of negative space at the top for a title, and that I wasn't sure if I'd actually make one or not. But now, I'm sick enough of this thing that I know I won't bother. I'm ready to move on to something else.

Although I'm not sure what I'll move on too. This piece has been in my head for so long, I haven't thought about what to do next. Perhaps one of those "Will work for food" signs.

No comments: