Saturday, August 8, 2009

Anime Danae

I don't know why. I guess cuz it kinda rhymes.



This is an anime version of Danae from the Non Sequitur comic strip, incase you couldn't tell from the convenient writing in the sketch. Like several other "young" artists, I sometimes get the urge to anime-ize my favorite characters that aren't already from and anime. Always seems like a good idea at the time.

Where I work, before I had the miraculous iPhone, one of the ways I'd kill time other than drawing was reading the daily comic strips, albeit only the good ones. Those are Peanuts, Get Fuzzy, Pearls Before Swine, Mutts, Shoe, The Boondocks, and of course, Non Sequitur. Danae is one of those cute, tomboyish girl characters I like, so drawing her in anime style seemed necessary. Again, I don't know why. I stopped reading the strips on a regular basis ever since they stopped printing The Boondocks, but I do occasionally read the Sundays, and Non Sequitur is still one of the comics I go to.

The flow of her oversized t-shirt is a little pervy in this sketch, which was a bad idea, as she isn't old enough for that to not be creepy on my part. Plus having the shirt like that askews the skull/heart design.

Let's just never speak of this again.

No comments: