Sunday, August 9, 2009

Not So Hidden Mickeys

Although they're probably still in those stupid "Find the Hidden Mickeys" guide books.






This was my first project in my Intermediate Painting I class. It was more of an exercise to get us to try four different painting techniques. The subject could be whatever we wanted, as long as it was a silhouette and the same image was used on all four paintings. When listing some of the random stuff that we could use as the subject, my teacher looked at the Mickey shirt I was wearing that day and said, "Or you could try Mickey!" I then immediately rubbed my chin and thought out loud, "Mickey, eh?"

I can't remember the exact process of these four different painting techniques, but I do remember they all involved heavy layers of paint. I remember the angular Mickey was done with an initial coat, then making the desired shape with masking tape, then painting on another coat, and then finally peeling off the tape when everything was dry.

Nice work it you can get it, and you can get it if you try... and pay the tuition fee.

No comments: